The Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) was founded in November 2007 to help Asian heritage scientific and engineering professionals achieve their full potential.
As of June 2009, founding corporate members are Procter & Gamble and The Dow Chemical Company.
SASE’s mission is to
– Prepare Asian heritage students for success in the transnational, global business world.
– Promote diversity and tolerance on campuses and in the workplace.
– Provide opportunities for its members to make contributions to their local communities.
The SASE Chapter at the University of Virginia will be focused on:
– Mentoring and advising Asian heritage students via professors and working professionals
– Career skills training in leadership, interviewing and presentation
– Facilitating the transition from university to industry
Although this organization has members who are University of Virginia students and may have University employees associated or engaged in its activities and affairs, the organization is not a part of or an agency of the University. It is a separate and independent organization, which is responsible for and manages its own activities and affairs. The University does not direct, supervise or control the organization and is not responsible for the organization’s contracts, acts or omissions.
To stay updated with SASE at UVA, join our Facebook group!
If you have any questions, please contact Jonathan Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org).